Thanks, Heather, for the quick reply!
Good, I just hope I have enough fabric left for bias binding (I do, but I'm worrying, what else can I do?
) I didn't want to have to use it, because the dress as illustrated would be done with a faced hem. It won't be a huge deal, though, just to me.
I have the placket on the sleeves figured out; in fact I have the right sleeve sewn together with the lining and placket in. The way I did it left about two inches unsewn above the placket in both the outer sleeve and lining because I couldn't reach that far with the machine, but I can handsew them shut without much trouble. Once I do that then I can get in there with the machine and sew the buttonholes, sew the buttons on and then all that will be left is to sew the sleeves to the bodice.
I don't think I'm still growing (I've been the same height since about 6th grade--5th was awkward because I was about 4 inches taller than everyone else). It's possible, but I think the real problem is that I can never get an accurate bust measure--my temperamental older sister doesn't have much sewing experience and I can't get a correct one on myself. So I think it's just that I'm not measuring along the correct part of the shoulder blades, because I had the same problem with the French Vest Bodice (but I could let out the front vest seams to fix it).
Hopefully that will solve my problem, and I can continue with the covered buttons.
And my computer is refusing to let me open my photos, so I can't upload any until I have the time to use a different computer and see if it will work.