It started out as an 1866 project but after I was browsing through my 1868 La Mode Illustree I was quite taken with this idea....
I used the TV247 - 3 times, for petticoat (added tucks and some cording), underskirt with 6" hemfacing and overskirt. As described in the magazine I added loops in the seams and fabric covered buttons just below the waist of the overskirt.
Looking for the right thing to do with my trim, the 1868 was more partial to self fabric pleating, but I really wanted to use this trim! Been waiting to use it for 5 months! I browsed through my 19th century fashion in detail and fell in love with an 1862 decorated bodice.
Further more I made 19 buttonholes, with gimp, and still had these lovely glass buttons. The armscye, neck and wrist have self made velvet brown piping around the edges. The bodice is the TV400.
All is worn over an elliptical crinoline!
Finally got to wear it last weekend!!!
I love these ones I did up in a grayscale and sepia!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.