Get how to's and suggestions for making your dream gowns.
I bought some blue and white striped fabric on the internet on a gamble for a color match and it ended up being perfect! But there is a problem, I want to use it for the fantail skirt but the fabric is lightweight enough that it is translucent in the whites. My NF petticoat is blue gingham so that will not work. I am not sure what I should do about it.
Here are my thoughts -- I am curious what you think about these ideas:
1. permanently line all pieces of the fantail skirt with white cotton.
2. make the fantail skirt and then make a 2nd fantail skirt out of white cotton which will be used as a petticoat
3. wear my white belle epoch petticoat with the fantail skirt instead
4. wear my NF gingham petticoat with the belle epoch petticoat on top
5. buy 121 and make that (least favorite option as I would need to buy another pattern)
Aka Wilhelmina Frame, Editrix de Mode, steampunkchronicle.com
- Inquiring Mind
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm
I think you best be would be to line your skirt with white. It will work no matter what. Using the different petticoats (3, 4) will most likely work too, but unless you know for sure that those pettis will be good under you dress, then I wouldn't make up the skirt without lining. Making a separate underskirt, too much work, not enough bennefit. Might even be problematic. Buying a new petti pattern, not worth it, you have have pettis that do what you want.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5114
- Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Riverside, CA
Return to Dresses, skirts, bodices, everything else.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests