Yes, I was very nervous about the satin wrinkling showing too much, but I flatlined it to a sturdier fabric (and serged the edges) as well as used an interior waistbelt to help keep the buttons from taking too much strain. I think that's also the thing I love the most about clothing you can add tons of trim to -- it helps hide mistakes or at least detracts from them a little
As far as the reticule (it's been a few years... so I'm having to think back to how I did it): I used a sturdy fabric for the base interior (it's the same fabric I've had for the old corset and bodices... some sort of denim). I flatlined the outer fashion fabric to it most likely to treat it as one piece. I used a rectangular piece for the side of the reticule, and stitched it to the base. I did the same for the lining, and sewed them like a bag lining, leaving a little gap to turn through, and hand stitched that closed once I'd pulled it through with the proper sides where they belonged.
I then sewed the channel for the drawstring ribbon , and added the gathered trim. I hope that helps... it was thrown together, and I can't remember how I decided on the size.